Friday, October 10, 2014

DIY Lavender Body Scrub by Rhendie


DIY Lavender Body Scrub


Are you in need of a natural remedy for tense, rough and dry skin? This do it yourself, step-by-step process will walk you through on how to create the perfect scrub for your skin.
 




You’ll need:
  • Cane Sugar
  • Coconut Oil
  • Fresh picked Lavender that has been dried out


I picked the lavender from my lavender bush in my back yard! I used a pair of scissors and snipped off the flowers I wanted. Once I had enough (about 30 pieces) I laid them out on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. My oven is a gas oven so it’s always warm and dries out the lavender over about a 12-hour period of time.

I picked the lavender at about 4:00PM Tuesday and took them out the next day at 10:00AM. They were crisp and ready to go.

Once I took them out of the oven, I stripped off the remaining leaves that were still on, and picked off the main part of the lavender (the top/flower bud). When I had that done I broke down the flower and grinded it to small flakes.


The first thing you want to do is distribute your coconut oil, lavender and cane sugar into separate bowls. Have one main bowl that’ll be what you make the scrub in.
1. Start off with the base of your scrub, the cane sugar.  Add the sugar to your main bowl. 2. Then add the coconut oil. Make sure your coconut oil is similar to a paste rather than a liquid.
TIP: When the coconut oil is a paste, it helps the scrub work as a scrub and not crumbly to the point where it doesn’t stick on your body when you use it.
3. Next, add your flakes of lavender to the coconut oil and cane sugar, mix it around until all of the lavender flowers are evenly distributed into the body scrub.

Lavender is used for its healing powers as a sedative to a natural antiseptic. Due to its antiseptic properties, Lavender can increase cell growth and aid in the formation of scar tissue. It is also used to heal cuts and burns.

 Just as it can be used for scrapes and wounds, lavender can also be used to treat skin disorders such as acne, dry skin, eczema, itchy skin, sunburn and skin inflammation.


If you love lavender just as much as I do then you have to try this body scrub! It’s so easy and takes less than 20 minutes to make, once that lavender is dried out. It smells so good when I use it in the shower and makes my skin yummy and smooth!

Learn about all of the different kind of hideaways I have
XOXO RHENDIE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment